[support] using drupal in mysql without subquery

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Oct 4 13:23:08 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, Drupal Indonesia <support at drupal-id.com> wrote:
> currently, I solve this problem by take all row using DISTINCT then use "Drupal
> db count" to count the rows, but this is not efficient, because when my db
> contains 1.000 users then the results is 1.000 rows, what do I need only 1 row
> that contain "1000" value.

If you have a working query, don't worry about the future.

Donald Knuth: "Premature optimization is the root of all evil"

Wait until the query is a problem and then we can look into optimizing
it.  When you have 1000 users then this query will probably not be the
bottleneck - something else will - so you should optimize the other
thing.

Are you using this in a block?  If so, use block_cache to cache the result.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com