[support] how to get back to admin

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Thu Oct 19 04:59:14 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 07:47, John Hannfield wrote:
> I've installed drupal, replaced the front page, and removed the login box.
> I can log in as admin at   example.com/user/admin
>
> But I never see the overall admin page, with the menu options down the side
> for the different
> parts I can admin. I need to specify them manually on the URL like
> example.com/admin/settings
> example.com/admin/modules etc
>
> How do I get back up one level, to see the overall admin list page?
> example.com/admin  doesn't do it.
>
> Thanks

You've probably either disabled the Navigation block or the admin menu item in
admin/menu (or both).

If you want just the admin menu available when only the administrator is
logged in, try creating a new menu, making the administer menu part of the
new menu and disabling it (or checking the expanded box). Go to admin/block
and enable your new menu block. Lastly, configure the block by setting the
Page specific visibility settings to the PHP option (#3) and put the
following in the box underneath:
<?php
  global $user;
  return $user->uid == 1 ? TRUE : FALSE;
?>

Than you'll have a new block that will only show for your administrative user
that will look something like this:

Administration
 access control
 aggregator