[support] welcome to your drupal powered

inkfree press inkfree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:00:32 UTC 2006

"Mohammed Al-shar'" wrote:

> I now changed it to a 2 collumn layout, will it work? or is it too narrow?
> and, if so, is there a space in the page that wouldn't be so narrow for it?

That's better, but still a little narrow for me, personally.

There seems to be lots of margin (or padding) on these boxed elements.  If I
were you, I would consider changing that.  I do not know how panels writes
its markup, but what you need is something similar to an "odd" and "even"
class on a vertical table.  In this case, you need to know if the box is
going "left" or "right" in the 2-column spread.

You want (I think) to be able to have 0px on the outside edge (left edge for
a left box, right edge for a right box) and 2px to 4px on the inside edges
(left edge for a right box, right edge for a left box).  This will give you
a "gutter" between your 2 columns, and the gutter will be double the padding
width (2px + 2px = 4px gutter).

Anyway, the point is:  The boxes are better now, but they still have too
much space _around_ them, which you could be using to make them about 10px
or more wider.

P.S.

As a side note regarding your page title:  I think you should remove the
word "the" in the title "Promoting Privacy and Independence for the
Visually-challenged Arabs".

Since this is an English title that I see, the word "the" is a bit misused
here.  "We" (English speakers) would not say "for the Visually-challenged
Arabs", even though we would say "...for the Visually-challenged".  I mean,
you might find some folks who would speak this, it is less likely to find it
written.

I would strike that word entirely for a more readable (English) title.
--
inkfree