[support] multisite technical question

Greg SBC gregbjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 25 21:24:25 UTC 2006

I came across a similar issue with creating content. I wanted the dominant
term of a sub-site (made like yours) to be automatically selected when
creating new content from that subdomain (I also use TAC for access
control). I had to use the 'taxomony_default' modules and set the defaults
using the settings.php files, the 'conf' array. If you did something this,
then you would have to hack the search module to automatically filter by
this default term. Not simple or elegant.

Another way is to not share the TAC tables. But then you will have to
reconfigure each subsite with the TAC permissions, which depending on the
number may be a rather daunting task. But then no hacking modules. This is a
powerful, but complex way to differentiate your site permissions. I did this
for my site at www.skejo.com.

Greg

  _____