[support] Drupal Roadmap

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Sep 1 06:38:17 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 00:59, The Nice Spider wrote:
> Hi, where can I read the Drupal roadmap?

Drupal has no formal roadmap.  The reason is long and heavily discussed at
times, but boils down to "this is an open source project.  What gets into the
next version is what gets written, and we don't know what will get written
until someone volunteers to write it."  Plus, so much functionality comes
from contributed modules that they'd each need separate roadmaps.

Each version announcement includes a "What's New" list, and you can see a list
of what changed for developers in each version here:

http://drupal.org/update/modules

The 7.7 -> HEAD page is a work in progress as new patches get added, of
course.  You can also see the issue queue to see what people are actively
working on.  Active threads are usually a good sign that something will get
in eventually, although it's not guaranteed.

http://drupal.org/project/issues

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012