[support] How to get last item in secondary menu to not haveborder on right?

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Sep 2 04:44:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 13:33, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> > Why not just use Drupal's menu system? By default it puts a
> > vertical separator betwenn each item.
>
> Really? How do I set that? The only way I've been able to add a vertical
> separator is by adding it in the stylesheet. But, then you get the one
> to the right of the last item too.
>
> - jody

If you want a pure-CSS solution using content-generation, which works great in
everything but IE and fails miserably in IE because IE doesn't do content
generation, try something like this:

ul#primary li:after {
content: "|";
}

ul#primary li:last-child:after {
content: "";
}

If you want to use borders, the same trick is possible but still doesn't work
in IE because IE doesn't understand last-child:

ul#primary li {
border-right: 1px solid white;
}

ul#primary li:last-child {
border-right: 0px;
}

If you want an HTML-based solution, you'd put something vaguely like this in
your page.tpl.php file:

print implode(' | ', $primary_links);

(Note that the above means you'll get a string of links, NOT a <ul> of links.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson