[support] 403 Forbidden error when using multiple sites, one drupal

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Sep 14 14:05:36 UTC 2006

On 9/14/06, Jody Cleveland <Cleveland at winnefox.org> wrote:

> As I have it now, this is a test location that will one day be
> www.menashalibrary.org. But, I don't want to point the dns there yet
> because this is a major update to their site that isn't completed yet.
> So, until then it will exist as I have it. Can I set the domain in
> apache to be www.wals.lib.wi.us/drupal/sites/menashalibrary.org? Or,
> does it actually have to be the domain?

The domain you suggested isn't a valid domain (containing forward
slashes) so you'd have to do something else.

My suggestion (and practice) for test and development sites is to use
a subdomain off of the final destination domain.  So, you would create
a virtual host for test.menashalibrary.org and point it's DocumentRoot
at /path/to/your/drupal

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com