[support] Forum in a multilanguage environment

Tom Rogie Tom at Rogie.be
Wed Sep 27 15:18:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

In my quest to port paraglide.be to drupal I have some problems with the
current behaviour of the forum with translated taxonomy (with i18n).

I have 2 problems in fact:

1. The 'language switcher' and 'translation' blocks translate the
general forumlinks (*/forum) well, but not when you are on a container
or subforum (*/forum/xx).

Example: You have a container A (forumnode 1) with a forum B (forumnode
2) in language X. The translated taxonomy gives you container C
(forumnode 3) and subforum D (forumnode 4) in language Y. When you are
on the forum root (*/forum) and click the different languages, the
forums/containers change to the right languages. That's ok.
But when you are visiting the container A (X/forum/1) or the forum B
(X/forum/2) in language X and then click the other language Y, you get
linked to Y/forum/1 or Y/forum/2 and not to Y/forum/3 and Y/forum/4.

2. If somebody posts a new message in a forum, lets say forum B in
language X, it remains invisible in forum D until it gets translated to
language Y.
I think you should be able to see all messages from forum B and D. The
translated messages only once offcourse in the right language.

I think I could submit the first problem as a bug for the translation
block as this behaviour only happens with forum taxonomy, not with any
other taxonomy. The second problems might be a new feature.

Thanks for any help!

Trogie

--
Tom Rogie aka Trogie			Tom at Rogie.be