[support] How to upgrade multisite installations to Drupal 5.0?

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:26:48 UTC 2007

I wouldn't object to having a script for command-line multi-database
updates. But you can safely assume by now that nobody has written such
a script yet.

This seems easier for upgrades between minor versions or for core-only
upgrades (because the contributed modules and themes often don't have
a matching major version).

Since the developer wouldn't know how people have messed with their
sites, such a script would be mostly suitable for people who can take
care of their module and theme versions, read error messages, fix
their database, run test updates, or revert to an interactive process
if necessary.