[support] How to achieve this? A newsletter module? RSS feeds? 3rd party script.

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sun Apr 15 16:03:07 UTC 2007

I am looking for some pointers towards setting up a complicated content-mailing function on my site.

Each node on the site will be attached to a State-level geographical entity. (Iowa, Arizona, Manitoba, Tasmania, Cornwall, etc, etc)

I want to give my members the possibility of signing up and receiving daily, weekly, bi-weekly updates of all the latest content for each State. Ideally, this would be mailed to them, although if they were mailed only a URL, that too would be acceptable.

Each "newsletter" would include a paragraph or two of general site news followed by the content that is only relevant to that person choice of State:

- latest blog entries from Texas
- latest Texas forum posts
- latest new members from Texas

and so on. I've had a couple of suggestions about which direction I could go to find this functionality...phpList and use of RSS feeds being mailed to members were two of the recommendations. Are there any current 5.1 modules that could get close to what I'm looking for or am I going to have to get realistic with my wishes? :-)

Anyway, I put it to the mailing list and would like to see what a bit of brainstorming might do.

Regards

Neil