[support] L18N Node kills Frontpage

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Tue Apr 17 15:12:41 UTC 2007

I need to do a quick demo site for a client.  I am only a 2 day old
Drupal user, and I am not really a programmer either.   I tried to go
through all the documentations and articles last 2 days but they are
just overwhelming, and English isn't my native language - my excuses :-)

Immediate problem:
As soon as I turn Localization node module, frontpage disappears and the
generic default page, the introduction page replaces it.  I have Config
> Default Page by node ID as well as other "promote to frontpage"
functions but to no avail.

As soon as I disable the L18N node module, my front page shows up as
expected.

P.S. Question - I need to make a switcher to switch between English and
Japanese a la Joomla!.  So far the L18N module documentation isn't clear
how I should proceed, or I should say the documentation isn't clear how
I should plan the data structure for L18N to begin with.

Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>