[support] New to the list with a module question

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Apr 24 16:17:08 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Cyberswat <cyberswat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would create a custom module to do it that ties into hook_user and assigns
> the new user to a role.  You mentioned non-programmer so here is my quick
> attempt at how that module would look ... the admin page for it would be at
> admin/settings/autoassignrole and you would need to type the name of the
> role you were wanting to auto assign there.  This breaks down to two files
> autoassignrole.info, and autoassignrole.module ... Hope it helps.

I think I speak for everyone when I say "please contribute this to CVS"!

This is something that has been requested for a long time:
http://drupal.org/node/23574 and it would be nice to have a contrib
for this.  I know that I need it on a site and it would be great
having a project for it instead of just this email.

Thanks,
Greg