[support] Newbie question on concept

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Wed Apr 25 13:30:12 UTC 2007

J-P Stacey / 2007/04/25 / 04:46 AM wrote:

>* Get the hang of PHPTemplate, Drupal API, Drupal Form API and the concept
>of theme_* and hook_* functions early on, as it'll save you extra
>programming later.

Yes, I have noticed they aren't straightforward as Joomla is.  Out of
the box, I wanted to pseudo CSS hack on content area but I just couldn't
figure out which element I am looking for, and was unable to find
documentation for Garland CSS.  I am just an weekend coder, and no pro,
but hope to learn it soon :-)

Nevertheless, all of your suggestions were very helpful.  I am about to
dive into CCK and Views documentations, only to realize there is no easy
way to print them onto duplex printer.  On this regard, Joomla was
easier.  Just download the entire topic to print out.

Because of my minor medical condition, I can't read documentation on
screen.  Is there any better way of printing the entire topic, say CCK,
as one document so duplex printer will save trees instead of printing
off browser?

P.S. My other concern is that Drupal.org is quite slow to me.  Just
searching for CCK documentation took 3 minutes, click on the link to get
to the node is another 2-3 minutes.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>