[support] Multisite problems

Johannes Skov Frandsen joe at omesc.com
Fri Apr 27 09:45:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 11:34 -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting Victor Trac <victor.trac at gmail.com>:
>
> > You should probably rename your /sites/site1.com to
> > /sites/www.site1.com if you want to access it via www.site1.com.  That
> > should make it work for both http://site1.com and
> > http://www.site1.com.
> >

> This a matter of choice; Drupal semantics should find sites/site1.com
> if the URL given is www.site1.com or site1.com.  The www.site1.com is
> the 7th hit in the filter and site1.com is the 8th hit in the filter
> based on the comments of settings.php.
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com

Well now my multisite is working more or less... I thought i could just
point the new site to a db created for the globalsite, but this
apperantly will not work.

For some reason files a still saved in the 'files' folder in the root of
my drupal installation and not in the 'files' folder in the domain
folder under sites.  Any ideaes why that is? I run the install script
from the site folder an the sites apeears to instll nicely.... except
for the fact that all files uploaded to the site is saved in the global
files folder.

Secondly.... I can't seem to enable clean urls on my sites, but it works
on my base installation. Some settings I need to change in vhost?

Joe