[support] Multilingual site and menu

Wouter Verhelst w at uter.be
Mon Apr 30 14:24:48 UTC 2007

Sorry for following up on myself here, but, well.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:53:14PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
[...]
> I tried creating a custom_url_rewrite function to return a different
> rewriting scheme based on 'global $locale'. That doesn't seem to work,
> since it breaks the URL rewriting stuff of the i18n module (which comes
> with its own custom_url_rewrite function). Every time I access a URL
> alias.

Please ignore that last sentence here :)

(not sure what happened, probably forgot to finish a line of thought)

> I tried creating aliases through the browser interface of the form
> 'nl/about' and 'en/about', then linking to 'about' in the menu system.
> That works, but then the site doesn't grasp that 'en/about' is the same
> thing as 'about'.
>
> I'm out of ideas now. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

That's still true: I'm still looking for a way to link to different
nodes depending on the interface language in use.

> Apart from that, I'm also looking for a module which would allow me to
> control access to forums in a more fine-grained manner; I would like to
> set up a public forum ('guestbook'), a private forum, and an even more
> private forum that's only available to people in a specific role, not
> just any authenticated user. That doesn't seem possible using the
> current system.

I installed the taxonomy access control module to help me fix that; it
works great.

--
Shaw's Principle:
	Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will