[support] IE 7 session/cookie issues?

Brian Tully btully at about.com
Wed Aug 1 12:30:36 UTC 2007

Searched Drupal.org and couldn't find a definitive answer. Is Drupal
5.x not compatible with IE 7? We keep getting logged out and access
denied errors when viewing our site with IE7. Doesn't  happen with
Firefox.

The odd thing is that it happens frequently, and from what I can tell
seems to happen after viewing a node and trying to navigate elsewhere.
The result is the login menu and access denied.

settings.php seems to be set up correctly, with a base path defined.
We also upgraded to 5.2 to see if that would resolve the issue (and
set the $cookie_domain) but still no luck.

The only thing I can think of is that we're using the securepages
module to use https for /user/* but I'm not sure if that would affect
session/cookie.

Many thanks in advance.
Brian