[support] getting the underscore to be unusable in user names

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Wed Aug 1 14:16:48 UTC 2007

I have run into trouble with the underscore. (concerning a mesh up between drupal and mediawiki)

I would like to find a way of getting the underscore on the "banned list" for drupal registrations. If I try and register a name such as "great!!!", I get a message saying:

"punctuation is not allowed except for periods, hyphens and underscores"

I would like to make it impossible for underscores. Is this just a case of altering something in user.module?

many thanks in advance

Neil