[support] menu not appearing expanded

Sarah Adams mr.sanders at geekjock.ca
Tue Aug 14 14:55:43 UTC 2007

>> I just created a new page on my site, and added a menu item to link
>> to it. I set the menu item as the child of a previously added menu
>> item, but the new item does not appear below the parent when I click
>> on the parent. I thought maybe this means I need to force the parent
>> item to be expanded, but even then the sub-item never appears.
>>
>> I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong, or if I've
>> misunderstood how menu items should behave. Any tips appreciated!
>
> Does the child item appear somewhere else, or not at all?

No, the child item doesn't appear anywhere.

> Where are the secondary menu links set?

The secondary links appears in the site footer. My understanding is this
is not necessarily related to the primary links at all - am I wrong?

> Don't they also have to be set to primary links in order to have it
> expand?

Not sure what you mean by this. Both links (the parent and the child)
are primary links in the primary links menu.

Based on the Navigation menu, it seems that I've got this set up
correctly, and shouldn't even have to check the "expanded" box for the
parent, if I only want it expanded when actually viewing the parent page.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer