[support] different TinyMCE problems

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Aug 17 22:45:02 UTC 2007

An important thing to note:  Changing the default filter does not change any content.  If you're changing the input formats from FilteredHTML to Full HTML, and you had previously created a node as "Filtered HTML" changing the default won't change the original nodes input format.  You must have administer filters privilege and change the input format on each node. If you instead edit the allowed tag list for the "Filtered HTML" input format, then you don't have to update each node.  Hope that makes sense.

Correspondingly, unless you're using "Filter Defaults" or some other module that alters this.  Drupal out of the can does not support Content Type specific filters. The input formats are set on a per node basis.

FYI:  I have configured TinyMCE to filter out html tags as well in some cases.  Input formats filter out HTML on display and not input.  SO if you're doing a bunch of pasting from Word, it will still leave the tags in the HTML that gets stored in Drupal.  This only bothers you when you turn off the editor, or if you have some other process trying to get at the data. TinyMCE tag filters can only be set by implementing a special function in your theme. There's no place to "configure" this in the DB.

Dave