[support] Change home page from story to page?

J-P Stacey jp.stacey at torchbox.com
Tue Aug 21 08:59:14 UTC 2007

sander-martijn wrote:
> When I first set up my site, I added a story to the home page which now
> appears there but isn't editable from the home page.  Can this be
> changed?

If you mean, can the home page actually be a different, editable page, then
yes: go to Admin > Site configuration > Site information, and there's a
"default front page" setting near the bottom. You can then change this to
point to any other URL on your site, including e.g. a node of type "Page"
which you can put editable content on.

Out of the box, Drupal sets the default front page to be the same as /node ,
which (again out of the box) produces a list of the last few nodes to be
created and "promoted" to the front page. This is why you're seeing the
story on the front page: if you added more stories, they'd probably appear
there too.

Cheers,
J-P
--