[support] develop to test to production server question

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Wed Aug 22 17:43:59 UTC 2007

Anyone know of a place that lists out which files and database tables
need to be changed when migrating drupal from one server to another?  If
not could someone take the time to list them out for me?  It would save
a lot of headaches.

We're setting up our test server now and when it's ready I will copy the
database and drupal files to the new server so that content editors can
begin entering the content without the risk of my code taking them
down.  I have enough of the site already configured that I would rather
not set it up from scratch but obviously there will be things that need
to change (hostname, possibly paths, db connect info etc).

Once it's set up I'll move forward with the traditional develop, test,
deploy approach so I don't need a complex setup to synchronize the db or
anything, and I don't need directions on how to set up a database or
apache or anything - a one time copy/configure these files, change those
database entries should be sufficient.