[support] Business Listings

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 24 11:49:54 UTC 2007

Quoting Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com>:

> I want to allow businesses to create listings on my site. We have a set
> of custom questions and also categories. I then want to display the
> listings by category. We of course will need to approve of them before
> they are published.
>
> I see the Simple classified ads module
> (http://drupal.org/project/ed_classified). Can this do what I need? Any
> tips on how to custom the fields there?

I recently had a look at this on a test site.  It has the category
controls you want but I don't know that it has the submission controls
you want.  You probably want to explore CCK and Views.  These two are
stated to give you the most flexibility with custom forming.  I have
yet to wrap my hands and head around them.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/