[support] Planning upgrade

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Sun Aug 26 02:35:29 UTC 2007

Thank you so much every one who helped me on my 5.1 > 5.2 upgrade.  It
has finished nicely and down time was only one minute if it was not less.

I finally found which inc file I modified.  It was menu.inc required by
menu_per_role module.  When I updated my local server, it was obvious
since all the menus those which shouldn't be showing got visible :-)

So, I ended up this way.
Note that, I don't know what is the correct term in English about this,
I do have subdirectory setup as the root of my site.  I initially did
this in preparation for upgrade, and I think it paid off.

I first upgraded on my local server then run test drive
I duplicated the directory then replaced the settings.php with the live one
Zipped it up
Upload
Unzip it on the server
Take the live site off line
Rename the 5.1 directory to 'old'
Then rename the 5.2 to live one

Just for checking, I accessed right after renaming the live directory,
and got a server error instead of the Maintenance message.  As soon as I
renamed 5.2 directory to live one, all came back right away.

All in all, I was pretty happy how it went.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>