[support] content change notification mails ?

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 27 18:31:25 UTC 2007

Hello,

(I'm still trying to figure out what features drupal has, please
 forgive me for asking dumb questions.)

I'm trying to set up sandbox drupal site to experiment with
various features. I have managed to add a user, and let this
user receive a welcome mail.

Now I'd like to experiment with mail interfaces (both, in, and out).
While I'm able to submit new content using the mailhandler module,
I can't seem to make drupal send out new content via mail.
What do I need to enable this ? Ideally, I'd like to configure
users to receive new / updated content notification mails, based
on roles / taxonomy.
Does this require extra modules ? Is this possible at all ?

Thanks for any hints,

		Stefan