[support] Shibboleth module for drupal

Jonah Bossewitch mrenoch at phantomcynthetics.com
Thu Aug 30 17:21:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just wanted to bring to your attention our approach to handing a
CAS-based single-sign-on solution with drupal.

In a nutshell, we wrote an apache auth module (using mod_python's auth
support, not c, though a mod_perl port would probably be a snap) that
does the CAS dance, and then adapts CAS to Basic Auth (namely, it
populates the REMOTE_USER variable), allowing for the ordinary drupal
remote user auth product to work for auth.

I wrote this up in more detail here:
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASC/mod_python+auth+module

We had to tweak remoteuser a bit to make it work w/ drupal 5, though the
main remote user might be up to snuff

http://svn.cc.columbia.edu/viewvc/auth/drupal/trunk/?root=ccnmtl

Hope this helps,
/Jonah