[support] Shibboleth module for drupa

Jonah Bossewitch mrenoch at phantomcynthetics.com
Fri Aug 31 15:18:19 UTC 2007

Thanks Dave,

Doing the single-sign on at the apache layer has the advantage for us of
handling a wide assortment of applications - this approach works w/
mediawiki, gallery, drupal and many others that already have a basic
auth module written.

The drupal specific CAS module might be interesting though if it handles
roles mapping - that might make it worth it for us to port it to our
local CAS variation (WIND).

Does your module do any roles mapping? (CAS 2 supports affiliations, I
believe. Adding affiliations was pretty much why Columbia forked long ago).

How does your module allow users to see some pages and not others? Also,
can you simultaneously support CAS authenticated users as well as local
drupal users w/in the same site? That is a common use case for us that
is sometimes tricky to handle with our apache auth (we basically have to
create a different url for guests with different auth rules).

thanks,
/Jonah