[support] Comment/Settings page error

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:25:00 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 2:51 PM, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Quoting Skip Taylor <avskip at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Nov 30, 2007 12:14 PM, sander-martijn <lists at severeddreams.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Well if that sql works and in turn the database is accurate but the
> >> array is empty (an assumption i'm making from the error) then it looks
>
 >> fresh copy of drupal 5.3, replacing /sites and /files with your folders
> >> and uploading the whole thing.  Since the site setup, themes, modules
> >> and uploaded files should be in those two folders that should work fine
> >> and shouldn't take more than about a half hr to hr (depending on ftp
> >> speed).  If it still doesn't work then it's one of your modules or
> >> something in the database.
> >>

> > I'll give that a try and see what happens. As to messing around with the
> > code, I'm not a PHP or MySQL programmer so I doubt it would do much
> good.
> > It's more a minor inconvenience as I rarely use the setting. I was going
> > submit this as an issue but can't figure out what category to put it in.
> >

> Maybe you're just running out of memory? To .htaccess add ``php_value
> memory_limit 64M''.  You might also add ``php_value display_errors 1''
> temporarily to see if it displays an error.

The first gives a 500 server error. DIdn't try the second one.  Tried
removing modules from directory. No change, same 4 errors.  I was just
reminded that I have the comments_rss module. I'm going to look into that to
see if it could be the problem. I forgot it was in there... lists are good.
:D

Thanks,
Skip