[support] Comment/Settings page error

Skip Taylor avskip at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:53:43 UTC 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 8:25 AM, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Quoting Skip Taylor <avskip at gmail.com>:
>

> >> Maybe you're just running out of memory? To .htaccess add ``php_value
> >> memory_limit 64M''.  You might also add ``php_value display_errors 1''
> >> temporarily to see if it displays an error.
> >>

> > The first gives a 500 server error. DIdn't try the second one.  Tried
> > removing modules from directory. No change, same 4 errors.  I was just
> > reminded that I have the comments_rss module. I'm going to look into
> that to
> > see if it could be the problem. I forgot it was in there... lists are
> good.
> > :D
> >

> Huh!!! Adding a memory_limit value of 64M caused your server to
> crash?!?!  You might want to check out what is going on with your
> server.

I think it has to do with the site being on a shared server. Not many
changes I can make like that. There is an involved procedure regarding
php.ini but it's a lot of php.ini's (one in every directory). The host will
be upgrading to PHP5 pretty soon so I'll probably wait for that as it's only
one php.ini to change things then.