[support] Install Script just loops on the database page

scott carter scottallencarter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:50:11 UTC 2007

Hello -

I am a newbie that really needs some help.  Everytime I run the install
script from the install.php page, it just loops me back to the page without
any errors.  If I enter an incorrect username/password then it will give me
an error, but the correct combo will not.  I have created the database and a
new user, granted all needed permissions and flushed the privledges.  I have
even given the install script the root user information.  I just get the
same result each time.  Here is what I am running:

-  Windows XP
- Apache 2.2
- Drupal 5.3
- PHP 5.2

I used the MSI installer for PHP.

There are a few messages about this issue, but without a good solution.
Please help.