[support] Validation Error

Anton anton.list at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:23:27 UTC 2007

On 04/12/2007, sander-martijn <lists at severeddreams.com> wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> There are a lot of reasons why enterprise level companies might choose
> resin to host their app.  One reason I could think of right off is the
> necessity to run legacy apps written in java.  But the main reason is
> speed.  Resin kicks all other servers right off the page when it comes
> to performance.  And yes, that includes apache.  I used resin to host my
> java apps for years and never had an issue,

Agreed so far (I work for an ISV with a Java product aimed at
enterprise customers).

> but haven't ran it with php so I can't comment on it's implementation.

It was the relatively untested PHP on Java implementation aspect that
I was commenting on - it seemed a little incongruous from an
enterprise calling for stability.

In my experience 'enterprises' (such a broad subjective term) are
conservative risk averse places and are all about choosing
reliability, scalability, predictability and long term maintainability
over agility, cost and outright performance (if its scalable you can
always throw more hardware at a problem).

But that's getting pointlessly offtopic now...

Anyway, I suspect the ability or inability to replicate this issue on
Apache (or other platform) will at least partially help in isolating
the actual problem.

--
Cheers
Anton