[support] Invalid Links After Moving Site

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 4 02:55:34 UTC 2007

I created a Drupal site in two different places - a subdomain on my hosting account, and on my local machine.  It's finally ready
to go live, so I uploaded the files to the new web server where it belongs.  I uploaded the files via FTP, created the database,
and then used a dump from my local PC to create the tables on the server.  When I pull up the site (using the IP address and user
id, i.e. http://12.12.12.12/~acctname), the main page comes up fine.  When I hover over a link, such as to the contact page, it
shows correctly in the status bar (http://12.12.12.12/~acctname).  But when I click on any link, I get

http://12.12.12.12/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/~acctname/contact

where the user id is duplicated 20 times.  I called my host, and they say it's something internal.  I have a hard time believing
that, since it runs fine in two other places.  Could something have happened in the move that screwed something up?

Thanks.

Steve