[support] Installing php/mysql issues

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Wed Dec 5 21:37:47 UTC 2007

Yeah ... I took this completely off the list ... I figured installing
Apache/PHP with MySql support is NOT a Drupal issue.
I thought that was appropriate ...
Yep, I was googling for "Apache MySQL PHP  Centos" to find a link that
gave me that kind of information.

I did find your link helpful, I don't have direct access to the CentOS
machine since that machine is in a data-center altogether.
I did run through the instructions from that link on page 5 for
apache/php.   And now I have the Apache 2.0.x with PHP 4.3.9 installed.

This type of installation seems to install data/apps ALL over the place
... but that is an issue with CentOS and not Drupal.
I'm used to not installing Apache/PHP on my Linux systems with the
install because of that.  I like to install apps where I want them to be.
And kinda keep the apps together neatly.  So I usually download and
install the OS is installed.

I am testing out the PHP now anyway ... and it seems to work:
index.php looks like;   <?    phpinfo()    ?>
And I get all the php information displayed .... including all the way
down that mysql support is enabled.
Now I can copy over the latest install of Drupal 5.3.

Thanks .....