[support] moving contributed modules to /sites/all

Sean Burlington sean at burlington.me.uk
Thu Dec 6 12:18:02 UTC 2007

Philippe Jadin wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2007 12:11 PM, Sean Burlington <sean at burlington.me.uk> wrote:
>> Having never put modules in the core directory myself I'm not sure how
>> to fix it ...
>> Any tips on how it should be achieved  would be much appreciated.
>
> Have you tried simply moving the files to /sites/all ?
>
> IIRC it just works, the system table is updated with the new module
> paths. If not, you have to update the "system" table (look for paths)

Thanks - I did try that - it worked OK for themes and files but not modules.

I did this to try and fix the database values I could see

update system set filename = concat('sites/all/', filename)  where name
in (...);

But I no longer got the content from these modules I was expecting - so
I moved it all back again.

It just seemed like a common enough error that there might be a "right
way" to fix it ...

--

Sean