[support] Installation of Drupal 5.4

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Dec 6 17:57:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 12:27:43 -0500
sander-martijn <lists at severeddreams.com> wrote:

> I just installed 5.3 about 2 weeks ago and 5.2 is running smoothly
> on another site.  But I got a security message from a friend that I
> should update to 5.4 because anything older than that can allow for
> sql injection.  I was thinking about updating but haven't gotten
> around to it.  Has anyone else tried 5.4 and have you had success
> or similar problems to Tom?  I have found previous versions of
> drupal to install quite easily and simply and have not had the
> issues Tom is running into.

I was chatting with Heine while I upgraded 6 sites exactly few
minutes after he told me the 5.4 was beening released.

I upgraded from 5.3 -> 5.4.

If I remember right there were some security issues with 5.2 and
that's why I upgraded to 5.3. So better you move the 5.2 site as well.

I don't use tons of modules but I still use 10 to 15 for each sites
and 2 were under active development cos I'm writing some modules for
my clients.

Furthermore I use postgresql on all the ones I had to upgrade
personally.

That's not to say it is the weirdest setup ever, but still not that
standard and everything went absolutely smooth.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it