[support] Installing php/mysql issues

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Dec 6 18:01:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:46:16 -0500
"Tom Holmes Jr." <tom at tomholmes.net> wrote:

> At least I am getting closer .... and now I am getting errors in
> the apache error_log ... I get lots of them ....
> undefined variables and undefined indexes ....
> But I will keep trying to get Drupal to where it is running fine
> .............  what a challenge!

Not to turn you off or heat again the discussion but just to give a
clue there seems to be better ways.

Installing Drupal for me is a matter of minutes on a fresh box and
I'm one of the few that use unpopular environment as oooh postgresql.

Considering you're having so many troubles I'd think you still didn't
chose the "main path".

As I said I'm not a sysadmin and fortunately I don't have to put up
environment after environment where to install Drupal.
But this has never been a serious obstacle so that I'm so confident
that the process is so painless that I never invested time in
"learning it".

That's to say that your CentOS env maybe have been tweaked by someone
else, there are Apache config that are not standard and don't
cooperate well with Drupal, php, mysql etc...

I'm not doing advocacy, I'm suggesting you really go through this
stuff by the main way.

Do you have a personal Linux box? Something you installed by your own?
Do you have a Windows box where you can install VMWare? Could you
install Linux inside it an test?

Do not make it a painful experience to relate with Drupal just
because you're not comfortable with the environment and what's
happening could be influenced by thousands factors.

I know it is pointless since you'd like to know if Drupal can run
smoothly on Resin in a Linux(?) env... but if by any chance you're
more familiar with Windows... try Drupal there.
You'd be confident that in your system there is nothing strange at
least... and if there is... it is your system and you know it.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it