[support] Installation of Drupal 5.4

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Dec 7 06:28:27 UTC 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Fabio Mora wrote:
> Jason Flatt wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 December 2007 09:00:52 Tom Holmes Jr. wrote:
> >> I just did a clean fresh un-tarring of Drupal 5.4.    I haven't created
> >> the database part yet, though the screen comes up.
> >> So, I am constantly checking the Apache error_log and in going to this
> >> screen (database install) .... I get these messages.
> >>
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  redirect in
> >> /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/form.inc on line 268
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:  base in
> >> /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/form.inc on line 465
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  #value in
> >> /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/form.inc on line 1045
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  #value in
> >> /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/form.inc on line 1045
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:
> >> no_module_preprocess in /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/common.inc on
> >> line 1472
> >> [client 192.168.1.167] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable:
> >> no_theme_preprocess in /var/www/html/drupal-5.4/includes/common.inc on
> >> line 1493
>
> drupal 5.5 has been released just now...
>
> maybe it will fix your 5.4

Hm.  Oops. :-)

However, I don't believe that's related.  Drupal 5.x and earlier are not
E_ALL-compliant.  That is, they still generate Notice-level warnings.  If
your server is configured to E_ALL error reporting rather than E_ALL ^
E_NOTICE, you will get these errors.  The easiest way I've found to get rid
of them is to either set the server to E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE, or to set that
manually in the .htaccess file with a php_value directive.  Unfortunately you
can't use PHP constants in the .htaccess file, so you have to specify the
integer result of E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE, which I don't recall off the top of my
head.  It should be fairly straightforward to figure out from the php.net
manual page on error levels.

Drupal 6 core is being developed to E_ALL standards.  Drupal 6 contribs will
likely not be, however, unless this issue is resolved very soon:
http://drupal.org/node/189454

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012