[support] How to create "index" pages of content

Greg Knaddison greg at pingvox.com
Sun Dec 9 16:41:05 UTC 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 12:40 PM, Errol Sayre <errolbert at mac.com> wrote:
> I'd like to have "index" pages for my content types. For instance
> "podcasts/" where it lists all my podcast audio content, and a
> "gallery/" where it lists all my image gallery items, etc.

In addition to Shai Gluskin's awesome response on using Views I
suggest the Pathauto Recipes handbook page [1] which describes how to
make your content aliases work nicely with views.  Specifically the
section about making your patterns match your views to provide

For your case you could set the podcast content type pattern in
Pathauto to be "podcasts/[title-raw]" which would create a url like
example.com/podcasts/your-podcast-title which makes the podcasts index
more useful/discoverable for your site visitors.

Regards,
Greg

[1] http://drupal.org/node/124462#index_views

--