[support] Content Structure

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:12:47 UTC 2007

I am working on importing a large set of HTML pages. There are about 12K
pages organized into 40 volumes. Each volume it seems will average about
300 pages. I am working with the Import HTML module to get them into
Drupal, and thus far, initial tests look good.

I have a few questions how to structure the data however:

1. How can I create 'next' and 'prev' links to allow the user to move
easily between pages?

2. Shall I use one taxonomy vocabulary with 40 entries to label each
page as to which volume it belongs to?

3. With regard to images, there are 'image references' in the import
files which refer to images named the same as the HTML file. These
references are not HTML--they are plain text like <Image Reference Vol
02 Page 8>. I was thinking to do the import and then make a script to
run through the imported data and convert those to IMG tags. I suppose I
could also accomplish that in real time on each page request, but a
one-time script seems to make more sense to me.

Any input is appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Fred