[support] search: issues with PostgreSQL

Andreas Deininger adeininger at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:34:57 UTC 2007

2007/12/21, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:14:00 +0100
> "Andreas Deininger" <adeininger at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The strange thing is, I have a drupal installation with PostgreSQL
> > running on a linux box, and everything is fine there, including the
> > search. So it seems to be the issue is related to the windows
> > environment.
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> Could it be a browser problem that doesn't choose the correct
> encoding for sending the form?
> Did you check the server configuration on Windows?

Yes indeed, it's the server configuration that is causing the trouble.
More specifically, I'm running IIS 6 and I'm using the ISAPI_REWRITE 3
filter from Helicon in order to get clean URLs. As soon as I disable
"Clean URLs", the search works fine. So this is certainly not an issue
of drupal and also not of PostgreSQL like I assumed first, but from
the filter used.

Thanks for bringing me on the right track, I'll investigate that
further by checking the rewrite configuration now. If anyone has a
solution for that already or any tip, that is appreciated of course.

> Can I forward your email to the pgsql list?

Thanks for the offer, but I think there is no need for that any more.

Regards
Andreas