[support] auto-populating profile field with ldap attribute

Michael Haynes mhaynes2 at kennesaw.edu
Fri Dec 21 19:53:27 UTC 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 09:06:49 pm Sarah.Vardy at student.griffith.edu.au
wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if it's possible to auto-populate a profile field with an
> LDAP attribute. For example, their first name. Or just their name. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Sarah

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm using the LDAP integration module along with Profile to pull in a user's
information based on LDAP attributes. I didn't have to edit any of the
conf.php files until I wanted to map Drupal roles to specific LDAP groups.

All I did was set up the basic LDAP information in the LDAP Integration
module, including the LDAP attributes for name (I think it's typically "uid")
and email (I think it's typically "mail"), and then I checked off, in the
LDAP Data module configuration, under Attribute Visibility and Access
Control, the corresponding boxes.

Hope this helps.

Michael