[support] Custom search page for specific category

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 31 23:37:30 UTC 2007

I haven't actually done this, but there is a File API (http://api.drupal.org/?q=api/group/file/5) in Drupal for handling files.
Off the top of my head, what you could do in hook_search() where $op == 'search' is use file_scan_directory() to get a list of all
  of the file names.  This function also handles recursion, so it will also search subdirectories if you specify to do so.

As for reading content from the PDF, the only things I came across doing a quick Google search were the FPDI
(http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/39165.html) and FPDF (http://www.fpdf.org/) PHP libraries.

Once you get your content (file names and doc content), my suggestion would be to use the Drupal indexer using
hook_update_index().  That way, your searches would be much quicker than if you had to search all of your directories and files
every time.

Steve