[support] cron job crashing server, and how many users is too many?

Grandmother Spider gs at grandmother-spider.com
Thu Feb 22 17:57:34 UTC 2007

> If you are a bit more PHP savvy, i'd advice to read trough the code. I
> see
> several modules wich I refuse to deploy on my hosting system / servers
> for
> reasons ranging from 'very ugly code' to 'badly designed interfaces'.
> It
> would really not surprise me to find that several modules simlpy load
> ALL
> users from the database and then walk trough them in php o_O. You see
> this
> kind of mistakes a lot in contribs. Don't think that because Drpal is
> well
> coded, the people that use it are good coders too.

Oh, believe me, I'm aware of it. :)

I do know enough PHP, so I'm going to walk through troll (which I
suspect is the issue--and I have to have it on both of these sites,
especially Hipmama which attracts trolls like you wouldn't believe) and
inactive_user. I'm also going to dig through cvs for updates.

Lynn S.

------
Mama, homeschooler, writer, activist, spinner & knitter
http://www.siprelle.com

NOTICE: The National Security Agency may have read this email without
warning, warrant, or notice.