[support] PHPBB Convert

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Mon Jan 1 02:20:09 UTC 2007

On 12/31/06, inkfree press <inkfree at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Og˜uz Demirkapž" wrote:
>
> > I have a customer website which is basicly using PhpBB forum and its database
> > as user database.
> >
> > Are there any way of converting users and forum entries into a Drupal
> > supported system?
>
> While looking for some other code I found this link:
>
> <http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/tricks/>
>
> In that directory listing there is something called "phpbb2drupal", which
> suggests some relation to your needs (but I did not download, explore,
> evaluate the actual link...so it may be junk.)

I believe that script was improved and turned into this module and its
documentation:

http://drupal.org/project/phpbb2drupal

I've used it and it worked fine for me, but my phpbb site didn't use
many advanced features and had relatively small amount of content
(100s of threads).

Regards,
Greg