[support] Problem with Drupal site

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Jan 10 19:48:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Op dinsdag 9 januari 2007 21:52, schreef Bruce Whealton:
>   The error is included below.  Please let me know if you have any idea
> what I can do.  I had thought that some backups were being made by someone
> helping me maintain the site but I cannot be sure if there is a recent
> backup available on the site.
>
> Error message>>>
> Fatal error: Duplicate entry '0' for key 2 query: INSERT INTO sessions
> (sid, uid, hostname, timestamp) VALUES ('8cbce4316d9b4797ef37e81fee84a52f',
> 0, '68.213.148.90', 1168370359) in
> /home/brucew/public_html/home/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 66

There are several reasons that can cause this:
 * The host updating, or changing MySQL, without follosing proper preocedures.
 * A database crash.
 * Some unknown random database hiccup (e.g. due to hardware problems).

In all cases the database got corrupted. Since sessions is the table with most
read-write activity on most sites, it will have the most effect on this
table.

In 90% of the cases this command on the commandline will help:
  mysqlcheck -uroot -p --auto-repair -A

And if it does not work, it will at least show you when there were errors
found in the database.

Bèr
--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl