[support] Layout question

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Jan 18 20:07:20 UTC 2007

Greg's got it and I'd also point out that panels also provide some
additional functionality that may cut down on the number of blocks that
you have:

* You can add an individual piece of content (node) to a panel without
having to make a block out of it.
* You can rename (retitle) an existing block. (e.g. random image) easily
with a panel.

Basically if I wanted blocks to appear across the the site, or be
configurable by the user (e.g. hidden unless user says so) I'd do them
in themes.

If I wanted to make an entry or home page that had some blocks on it
that didn't appear on other pages on the site, I'd use panels.

Dave