[support] Views module: Searching all fields

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jan 25 14:23:27 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Gordon Heydon <gordon at heydon.com.au> wrote:
> Actually you can use the search module, and search the node using the
> Drupal search module to access the nodes.
>
> I User this as an exposed filter to access allow a full text based
> search of the nodes.

Just to clarify Gordon's response (because it was new to me when I
figured out how this worked and it took me a second).

If you enable the search module then Views has a "search index" field
that you can have as a filter (including exposed filter).  This then
searches the drupal search index and returns items in the view based
upon the search index from the search module.

It's amazing all the little features in different modules that I miss
during my first (and second and third) use of them.

Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com