[support] Views module: Searching all fields

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 25 21:54:09 UTC 2007

Op donderdag 25 januari 2007 01:10, schreef Gordon Heydon:
> Actually you can use the search module, and search the node using the
> Drupal search module to access the nodes.
>
> I User this as an exposed filter to access allow a full text based
> search of the nodes.

This has some serious limitations though.
First: you cannot search for just a wildcard (without any keys). Therefore
this will only work when someone types somethign in that search-keyword
field. Very confusing if used with other exposed filters, because your view
will show no results untill someone provides a keyword.
Second: search index has hardcoded: comments, tags/terms, title, teaser and
body additions to the index of a node. This may, or may not be what you want.
If its not, search index is not an option.
Third: Search index in views requires search in core to be anabled. You may
find this core search ugly confusing or whatever. If you have a serious
reason not to want to have this search screen enabled at all, then you cannot
enable only the views part of the search index: the interfaces come with it,
wether you want them or not.

Bèr

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl