[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 28 16:05:23 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:01:24PM +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> On 28/01/07, cl at isbd.net <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> > Is there no 'easy' way to insert links into content.
> >
> > Surely one wants the CMS to do some management of links, apart from
> > anything else one wants a menu of possible internal pages to link to
> > so one can avoid typos etc.
> >
> Depends how pretty you want the link. You can actually just copy the
> link and put it straight into the text editor.

Yes, I know that works for external links, except that I would want it
as you say 'prettier'.

> Alternatively if you mean links to navigate the site. I haven't worked
> that out myself yet! On my site at:
> http://cregy.net
> I am using blocks to create the links and manually inserting them using a href.

Exactly!  :-)

Building a site one of the most important things is ease of creating
links from one place to another on the site and (as you have found)
there isn't an easy/obvious way to do this is Drupal.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)