[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 28 16:12:55 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:04:07PM +0100, Stefan Borchert wrote:
> cl at isbd.net schrieb:
> > Is there no 'easy' way to insert links into content.
> >
> > Surely one wants the CMS to do some management of links, apart from
> > anything else one wants a menu of possible internal pages to link to
> > so one can avoid typos etc.
> >
> Hi.
> Ähm, yes there is an "easy" way:
> <advertisment>
> I've created a module (http://drupal.org/project/linktocontent) which
> extends tinymce with a plugin that give you the ability to browse to
> your categories and insert links. Unfortunately it hasn't been ported to
> 5.x yet.
> </advertisment>
> If you don't want to use tinymce you can try wiki-like modules (for
> example: http://drupal.org/project/freelinking).

You must be joking!  All that hassle to do something fundamental to
CMS (or at least the sort of CMS I want).

I think my basic problem is that CMS isn't what I thought it was. I
want to create a fairly basic/straightforward web site, no news, no
blogs, no wikis, just some basic content to describe what a small
business does, how to get in touch with us, etc.

All of the mainline CMS systems (Drupal, Joomla, Plone, etc.) are
providing a way to design and build a portal with news, blogs, forums
and all sorts of things like that.  They are strong in the areas of
adding different sorts of modules, creating nice menus, etc., etc. but
not very helpful when it comes to details of creating the actual
content.

I *can* write HTML if needed but what I'm looking for is something
that provides me with a fairly simple (menus and other structure)
framework and then makes it really easy to fill in the content.
So far a wiki of some sort seems the closest to what I want except
that I don't want any of the co-operative bells and whistles.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)