[support] How to insert links to other pages on the same site?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sun Jan 28 16:48:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:20:47PM +0100, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> > I think my basic problem is that CMS isn't what I thought it was. I
> > want to create a fairly basic/straightforward web site, no news, no
> > blogs, no wikis, just some basic content to describe what a small
> > business does, how to get in touch with us, etc.
> >
> > All of the mainline CMS systems (Drupal, Joomla, Plone, etc.) are
> > providing a way to design and build a portal with news, blogs, forums
> > and all sorts of things like that.  They are strong in the areas of
> > adding different sorts of modules, creating nice menus, etc., etc. but
> > not very helpful when it comes to details of creating the actual
> > content.
> >
> > I *can* write HTML if needed but what I'm looking for is something
> > that provides me with a fairly simple (menus and other structure)
> > framework and then makes it really easy to fill in the content.
>
> How about you write the html content in another application (even w*rd
> would do) and paste it into the textfield that Drupal provides?

Yes, it might help, but it rather begs the question doesn't it.  I'm
looking for a fairly simple integrated way of creating a web site and
the solution to a significant part of it is a bit of a bodge.  Not to
mention it's a bit difficult to run Word on a Linux box!  :-)

It also doesn't address the issue of links within the content.

I think part of the problem is that it really isn't that simple (or
sensible) to separate structure and content quite so completely as
Drupal does (so do others, it's what CMS 'does').

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)